Sunday, July 24, 2011

GIFT EXCHANGE........

At the end of June, I joined my friends Cindy and Debbie in Chantilly for a scrapbook convention. One of the things that caught my eye, and some of my money, was a kit that you used to make a canvas wall hanging. I actually purchased 2 of them. They were the inspiration for my contribution to our gift exchange for the shoe box swap yesterday.

I decided to do 2 coordinating pieces using the Inspired by Nature stamp set. The DSP is from the long retired Flowers for You. Each canvas is 6 X 6. They are about an inch thick, so they can hang or sit up on their own. I sponged around the edges, one with Regal Rose and the other with Certainly Celery. The other colors used are Lovely Lilac (retired) and Tempting Turquoise. The butterflies are from the Big Shot embosslit Beautiful Wings. The grass was stamped in Certainly Celery and Old Olive, to give it a little depth. The flowers were colored with markers directly on the stamp. To finish them both off, I added some ribbon and pearls.


This is how I packaged it. The gift was to be around $10 and the canvas's did not cost quite that much, so I was going to throw in some chocolate to make up the difference (because chocolate and stamping just go together). Well, lo and behold, I see online where some of the plastic scrapbooking cases that people use to store projects were on sale for only 2 days. The pictures fit perfectly, don't you think?


Wrap it up, add a bow and --- Viola!!! Oh, yeah, and Wendy chose my gift. I hope she enjoys them.....

Thanks for checking in!!!! Have a great week!!!!

2 comments:

  1. These are fantastic, Michelle! I missed seeing them at the convention and couldn't picture them from the description, so I loved seeing these in person. You did an amazing job! I would love to hang these up in my craft room. I might just have to go out and purchase some of these canvases and have a try myself! Thanks for the inspiration and creativity you put into everything! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice to see that you go that extra and do the inside of your card. They are all cute and great job on them........
    discount card printing
    custom gift cards
    plastic card
    Scratch Card

    ReplyDelete