Thursday, June 30, 2011

A LITTLE INSTRUCTION......

I received a comment on my former post here, which is the card shown, asking for a few instuctions on how I did it. It was a CASE from here, but she didn't have any instructions either. So let me see if I can remember how I did it.


The black part of the penguin was punched out using the Owl Builder punch and then, although it sounds cruel, you cut off the feet and ears. The white part is also a piece from this punch, as are the feet that are punched out of Pumpkin Pie cardstock. When you do the feet, cut up into the body so that you can keep the feet together and have some material to put adhesive on to attach it onto the back of the body. The nose is just a free cut triangle, also out of Pumpkin Pie. The heart is the smallest heart from the Heart to Heart punch. The hat is stamped from the soon to be retired Party Hearty set and is cut out and popped up on a dimensional. A shiny rhinestone is added to the top for good measure. The balloons are circle punches with the owl feet added to the bottom to look like the end that you tie up. I used the Linen Thread for holding the balloons. You add a couple of googley eyes (the only thing I did not get from SU!) and you have a party penguin ready to shake his (or her) groove thing.

The sentiment is punched out with the retired Key Tag punch and mounted on top of the Decorative Label punch, with a couple of more rhinestones added to each side. The DSP used is the retired Sweet Always --- love that paper!!! A piece of ribbon is added to cover up the seam. I think that about covers it. If I have missed something, please do not hesitate to leave a comment.

Thanks so much for stopping by!!!! Have a great day!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment