Sunday, May 23, 2010

THE OLD BOX IN A BAG ROUTINE.....

It's the end of another school year (YAY!!!!) and I need to show the teachers my appreciation for their patience in not beating my children at school (just kidding, we all know none of that stuff goes on anymore --- not even where it is needed...). I tossed around several projects in my head, but ended up settling on the Box in a Bag, in which I will stuff little goodies. I went by a tutorial by Diana Gibbs on Splitcoast Stampers here, but check out her blog here, too. This was, of course, the lazy way out for me, since all of the other ideas would have required much more effort on my part. But I must say, I am glad I did these. I think they turned out great. I used the Sweet Pea DSP (retired, sadly) on all of these, but they all turned out having their own "personality". Here they are:

This one is decorated using the Sweet Pea stitched felt flowers and using the Eyelet Border punch for around the bottom and tied up with Pretty in Pink satin ribbon.


For this one, I punched out an Extra Large Fancy Flower to go behind my Extra Large Two-Step Bird sitting on a branch (the branch is part of the punch). For the base, I used the Scallop Trim border punch. I used Old Olive satin ribbon to close this one.

I, again, used the Extra Large Fancy Flower punch along with the 5-Petal Flower and one of the flowers from the Boho Blossoms punch all held together with a pumpkin pie corduroy button. The Pinking Hearts Border punch was used to fancy up the bottom. This is topped with chocolate (chip satin ribbon, that is).

I love punches --- can you tell? This one has the regular & Large Stars cascading down the front to the Scalloped border bottom. The pumpkin pie striped grosgrain ribbon is what was used to close this one up. Who knew orange would become one of my favorite colors?

I don't know which one is my favorite. How about you? Stop back by in a day or two to see what I did for our group's challenge this weekend.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment