Thursday, July 1, 2010

A CAMPING WE WILL GO......

This past weekend we took out first camping trip of the summer. My DH had a class in Washington, DC, so the kids and I tagged along for a long weekend at Bull Run Campground, just outside of Manassass. Very nice campground!!!! I recommend it very highly. The only thing I would complain about is that the pool is actually part of a waterpark and we had to pay extra to get in. But, we did get a discount from being in the campground --- and the kids loved the park. It was not only our first camping trip of the year, it was Zoey's first trip of her life. She did much better than I expected. She traveled well in the truck and she behaved herself at the campground (mostly). There are a few points we will be working on, but all-in-all it went good. Here are pictures of all of my kids --- those with 2 legs and the one with 4 legs.




We spent Friday in DC walking our little legs off, checking out as many monuments and museums as we could fit into one day. A special thanks goes out to my "event planner", Cindy, for all of the help she gave me. Well, after all of that walking in one day, we spent Saturday chilling at the campground. Sunday was our trip home --- and back to cold, harsh reality.

I hope everyone gets a long weekend to enjoy the upcoming 4th of July. Please remember to say a prayer for all of the people who fought for and those who continue to fight for our freedom. I thank them all!!!

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY, EVERYONE!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I love the pictures, Michelle! I can't believe how your kids have grown (both 2 and 4 legged!) So glad you had a great trip! Have a safe and happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete