Friday, July 20, 2012

LITTLE DEBBIES SUMMER SHOEBOX SWAP...

We had the summer meeting of my Stampin' Up group, the Little Debbies, this past Saturday. There is something about a bunch of ladies who love stamping getting together and stamping (and eating) that is like no other. It was a shoebox swap, which is where you cut supplies for everyone and throw it all in a shoebox (hence the name, huh?). Then you just pass the boxes around and complete one of each of the projects. We had 15 ladies attend this year. 15!!! So, we had 14 cards to make in a short space of time. Not being the quickest stamper on the plant, I worked diligently until 1:30, but then I had to head to my DD's soccer game. Luckily, several of my friends (Hey, Cindy, Sherri & Debbie W.!!!!) finished some of the cards for me.

My card was a CASE of a Pinwheel Card done by Gretchen Barron. Her tutorial for it is here. I used the Summer Smooches DSP and the background is from the Polka Dot Parade DSP. The card here has the Real Red paper, but I also had some using the Rich Razzleberry because I only had so many of the Glimmer Brads (did I mention there were 15 people there???). The sentiment is tied up with a couple of pieces of Lucky Limeade Baker's Twine.


We also had a gift exchange, where all of the gifts had to be homemade. I will show the gift I gave and the one I received next time.

You can see everyone's projects & gifts on Debbie Naylor's (my upline) blog.

Thanks for stopping by!!!! Have a great day!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment