Thursday, May 13, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TONYA!!!!

I had to make another birthday card for another friend who is turning another year older. As a matter of fact, Tonya is the one who started me on this Stampin' Up road by dragging me to a party. I'm not sure whether to thank her or not, but I will use my addiction to wish her Happy Birthday.

I used the sketch that was the challenge for the Little Debbies this past weekend. Cindy picked the sketch from here. I love the sketch and they show some great examples, too. I wanted my card to be bright and festive, so I pulled out my Sunny Day Simply Scrappin' kit and chose this DSP to help me out with color choice. The stamp set is Party Hearty and I used my markers to color directly on the rubber. Behind the cupcake, the white was too much for me, so I used my Color Spritzer to splash some color on it. I ran the outside along my stamp pad to create a "border". To get everything lined up just so, I took advantage of my Stamp-a-ma-Jig --- great tool, if you don't have one. You can't really tell by my picture, but I used the textured cardstock out of the Sunny Day kit for the Tempting Turquoise layer. It is finished up with some silver brads, ribbon and little flower buttons (out of the Playgound Designer Button set). To make the buttons look "attached", I cut thin strips of cardstock & ran it through the holes.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TONYA!!!!!

Thanks for stopping by & have a great day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment