Saturday, June 12, 2010

GRADUATION TIME!!!!

It is that time of year again --- GRADUATION!!!!! Whether your child is graduating from college, high school or even from elementary school, it is a stepping stone to another phase of their life. Another step towards independence (we hope). Another step away from us. Very bittersweet, but time marches on. My daughter is taking the step from elementary school to middle school and, while I am very proud of her achievements, I really (REALLY) miss my little girl. You know, the one who thought I did no wrong, who thought I could do anything, fix anything better than anyone else. But, as I have said, time marches on.

She had a small graduation/awards ceremony on Wednesday. This is her receiving her award from her homeroom teacher for her excellent math skills. She also was acknowledged as having straight "A"s for the school year.


In addition to all of her hard work on her grades, she also received an award from the principal for perfect attendance. This is the second year in a row for her.


And, to top it all off, she was one of two chosen to read an essay she wrote about her time at elementary school. She was very, very nervous, but did a great job. Her essay was pretty darn good, too.


Logan had his awards ceremony on Tuesday. He, also, was honored for his excellent math skills. (So, they not only got my good looks, but they got my brains, too). This is him receiving his award.


Great job, Logan & Lindsey!!!! We love you!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your kids' awesome accomplishments this school year, Michelle! It's evident you are a very supportive Mom who loves and nurtures her children, not to mention an excellent stamper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to your chilluns!! I know what you mean about bittersweet... What a wonderful memory made... I know you will cherish this day forever.

    ReplyDelete