Saturday, June 4, 2011

THE "ALMOST" TEACHER'S GIFTS.....

I was honored to be asked to be the Demo of the month on Debbie Naylor's blog (Unfrogettable Stamping) for the month of April. One of the items I did for that was a hanging chalkboard/magnet board that I had planned on doing for end of the year gifts for my son's teachers. Alas, as so often happens, I decided to keep it for myself. I am soooo selfish!!!!

The Celebrations DSP was used to cover a piece of chipboard from SU!. I used the Teacher's Pet stamp set (getting ready to retire) for the elephant on one side and the pup on the other. The "note" and "detail" is from the Notes & Details set (pretty neat, huh?) that was in the Occasions Mini. The brad is the flower from the Designer Brads. I looped the Real Red ribbon through a couple of Jumbo Eyelets. The magnets for the magnetic side were stamped with the Every Little Bit set and covered with Crystal Effects. (Side note on that: The Crystal Effects made the red marker run a little bit.) The magnet and chalkboard are also from SU!.
This is the chalkboard side:

And this is the magnetic side with the magnets:

Take a look at the pictures Debbie took of it here --- they are so much better than my pictures.

Come back tomorrow and see what the teachers are going to get instead.
Thanks for stopping by!!! Have a great day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment