Saturday, May 5, 2012

APRIL SIMPLY PAPER DESIGN CHALLENGE......

I must say, I was very excited about this month's challenge --- a quilt card. See the challenge info here. You see, I used to sew and I love quilts. I have only made two very simple ones for my kids, but I love checking out the different patterns every now and then. So, in my very simple mind, this was right up my alley. Right? Oh, so not right. Let me just say this --- fabric is much more forgiving than paper (even on the super small scale that I was working with). So after two very sad tries of one pattern, I looked again for an easier block to use and finally came up with this card.

It uses the new Summer Smooches DSP. I absolutely love the bright colors and cute little patterns with this paper. It will be available in the new catalog coming out on June 1st. In the center is a bow tacked down by a Summer Smooches fabric brad, which was only available for a limited time and is now retired. I made this with my sister-in-law's birthday in mind. I also needed something small to place her gift in and, as luck would have it, the new Petite Purse Big Shot Die (also coming out in the new catalog) just fit the bill.

Isn't that purse the cutest little thing? And so, so easy, even I can make one..... What is a birthday without a little cake? So, inside looks like this:


As it would turn out, Cindy said that she also had a hard time with this challenge. But I guess it wouldn't be a challenge if it were easy, huh? Even so, I think we both are very happy to have this one done and over with. Kathy also joined in the challenge again this month. Check out both of their cards here. I love how Cindy stitched her ribbon on the top and bottom of her block. Notice how she and I pretty much used the same block design. Kathy and I used the same DSP, but she used a different block design. Man, I cannot believe the amount of piecing she did on this. Regina also joined in on the fun and went above and beyond by making 2 cards here. Aren't they gorgeous??!!!?? Thanks to Kathy and Regina for taking on this challenge with us.

Now onto May..... Keep an eye out on Cindy's blog here for details and play along......

1 comment:

  1. Love your card, Michelle. You'd never know by looking at this that you struggled. It is perfect! I didn't know you used to quilt! But, from the looks of this card, you can tell. Yes, glad to have this challenge behind us and looking forward to the next one. Again, love this card!!!!

    ReplyDelete