Wednesday, May 23, 2012

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JIMMY........

I never make cards for my husband. Not sure why. I guess he just never really seems impressed with my projects, or he is there when I can work on it, or I just can't come up with what I want to say to him for the inside sentiment, or I just don't know why. However, for his birthday last year (September --- sad to take so long to post the card, I know), I actually made him one. I was inspired by this Simply Paper Design challenge. When it comes to "manly" cards, I think harware --- brads, eyelets, anything metal --- and the hemp twine (in place of ribbon). So this is what I came up with for him. It uses the long ago retired Wildlife Reserve stamp set and the very soon to be retired Well Worn DSP. It is all layered on a Crumb Cake base.


Thanks for visiting!!!! Have a great day!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Great card, Michelle. I'm sure he appreciated it! I love your take on this sketch and great use of the DSP, hardware, and twine!

    ReplyDelete