Thursday, September 2, 2010

CONGRATULATIONS, RITA!!!!!!!

Sometimes I wonder where my brain is!!!! If you have seen it, please let me know. I have had this post ready for a week now, but have not sent it. Anywhooo, here ya go.........

Every once in a while, a project not only turns out just like you planned --- it actually turns out better. For me, this usually only happens every once in a blue moon, but I love it when it does. I made this card for a friend, Rita, that I worked with. She has retired to pursue her art full-time. I have mentioned her before, but just in case, you can check out her blog here. Really, check it out, she does beautiful work. Her goal is to post one work a day.

I wanted to try a Joy Fold Card that I found a tutorial for here. I have not purchased any of the DSP from the new catalog, so I started digging into my stash and came up with this. This is from a retired paper set called Ski Slope, but I don't think it necessarily looks like it has to be used on something "wintery". The colors are very pretty together and I love the striped paper. The other, with the swirls, actually looks more "springy" to me. The stamp set is Happy Heart Day, which is also retired. I wished the picture had turned out better, but ..........


This shows how the card opens. Pretty neat, huh? It's something a little different that will not take you hours to accomplish --- I am all about easy and quick. The flowers on the left are used to hold everything shut.

I could not find my catalog that has this DSP in it, so I hope I have the colors right. I used Baja Breeze as my large base and Chocolate Chip as my smaller base. The flowers are Baja Breeze and Real Red with a center from the Designer Brad Flowers set. The striped paper also has a little Old Olive in it, too (I think). I am very happy with how this turned out and I plan on doing more along this style.

Thanks for stopping by & have a great day!!!!


2 comments:

  1. Such a cool card – one of your best, I think. I'm so honored!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a really pretty card, Michelle. You did a great job with the coloring. I also like the way you used the brad for closure. TFS.

    ReplyDelete