Monday, January 31, 2011

VOILA..........

I just love the chef in the retired stamp set Voila. He is my kind of guy. I had never even mounted this stamp set until it was used by one of my sideline members (Hey, Darlene!!!!)  at our group meeting this past December. Here is her card:

Isn't it adorable???? How could I not CASE it???? I love the red, black and white color combo, but didn't want to copy it exactly. Then I remembered all of the samples I had seen with his clothes paper pieced and I wanted to try that. So what better to use than the retired Cottage Wall DSP. I just love this paper!!! I mounted a piece of Rich Razzleberry on top of my Orchid Opulence base and layered all of my details on top of that. The scarf, hat band and coat cuff are paper pieced with Rich Razzleberry. His shiny buttons are the black rhinestones from the last mini catalog. The cake is colored with my SU! markers. I used the Blush Blossom to give my guy a little skin tone. The sentiment is from the Birthday Bakery set, also from the last mini catalog. I used the Basic Black scallop circle and grosgrain ribbon to finish it up. This is another easy mailer, although I did include a piece of cardstock in the envelope to protect the rhinestones from the post office machines.

I made this card for one of my BFF's birthday. I hope it brought a smile.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ANNETTE!!!!

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Michelle - ooh la la! C'est magnifique! Well, I don't know French, but what I'm trying to say is that this is magnificent! I love it, love it, love it! Nice job on your use of color, DSP, and all the little extras you added. I'm sure Annette loved it; how could it not bring a smile, eh?

    ReplyDelete