Thursday, April 28, 2011

SPRING BREAK????

OMG!!!! Can you believe this weather??!!?? My prayers are with all that have been affected by this rash of thunderstorms and tornadoes. Unbelievable....

But on to sunnier thoughts.... My kids had their Spring break from school last week. Break???? Are you kidding me???? While they were off, the hubby and I took some time off, too. Time off???? Are you kidding me???? I had to go back to work to get some rest.......


No, this is not Lindsey and Logan. Our first destination was the Metro Richmond Zoo. This is a small zoo, but it had quite a lot of animals. Nice day trip for us. The main attraction for us was the Siamangs, the largest of the gibbons, that we heard more than saw when we first walked in. They had  loud "whoops" that could pretty much be heard all over the zoo. The wierd thing is that they blew up their necks to make this sound (which you can somewhat see in the picture). An interesting note on these animals is that the female is the group leader. Pretty cool, huh? Had a great day!!!

That was Thursday. On Friday, we went to see the movie Rio --- in 3-D, no less. It is a really cute movie. No, this birdie was not one of the film's stars, he (or she) was at the zoo. But I didn't have any pictures for the movie, so I think this works.......


Of course, what is Easter break without an Easter egg hunt or two. This is a picture Lindsey and Logan. They are hunting eggs at my mother's house. They also went to a hunt held at my sister-in-law's church. Love that egg hunting!!!!


The annual coloring of the eggs.......


And to top it all off, Logan finally got the hang of riding his bicycle. Oh, yeah!!!! So I took them to the school parking lot to practice.


Whew!!!  It makes me tired just to think about it all. I was able to stamp a little in between all of this fun, so check back in the next couple of days to see what I came up with.

Thanks for stopping by and have a Great Day!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a fun and busy break.. In the picture of the egg hunt, the wood looks like a crocodile mouth.. I guess my mind went there with all of the animal photos. My kids would love the Richmond zoo. Looks fun! Can't wait to check back and see your creations.

    ReplyDelete