Saturday, July 2, 2011

JUNE'S SIMPLY PAPER DESIGN CHALLENGE.....

I am a little late on posting this, but what's new, huh? This is my first card as part of the Simply Paper Design Team. You can find the sketch/colors and Cindy's card here. I love the flower stamp Cindy used from the Because I Care stamp set (now retired). And that satin ribbon is just gorgeous!!! Debbie is being fashionably late, so I will link hers when Cindy posts it.

Here is my card. I really wanted to use some of my new stuff that I received with my pre-order from the new SU! catalog. It went into effect yesterday, so I am getting my wish list together. It has some great new stamp sets and accessories that I can't wait to get ahold of. But I digress --- back to the card. I used the new Lace Ribbon Border punch and added some pearls to the centers to class it up a bit. I stamped color on color using the Delicate Doilies stamp set and layered them using dimensionals, finishing it off with a pearl for the center. I love how this stamp set coordinates with the punches, making it easy to cut the shapes out. The Basic Gray one is punched using the solid or first layer of the Doily Triple Layer punch. It was a little tricky trying to figure what to line up where, but I finally got what I wanted. The sentiment is from the Watercolor Trio set (retired) and is layered with the oval, scalloped oval and decorative label punches. Again, I added pearls. Too much???


Thanks for stopping by!!! Have a great weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment