Friday, July 1, 2011
HOW SWEET IT IS.......
Can you believe it???? I have been awarded The Irresistibly Sweet Blog Award from my friend/upline, Debbie Naylor. Her blog is Unfrogettable Stamping and is pretty sweet itself. According to the rules, I have to tell you 7 things about myself. Hhhmmmm....... this could take awhile.....
1. I am the baby of my family, with only an older sister who happened to turn 50 this year. When you start talking in numbers like that it kind of voids out the baby thing, doesn't it?
2. My husband and I just celebrated our 23rd anniversary. We dated over 6 years before we were married, so we pretty much have been together absolutely forever.
3. I have a 12 year old daughter and a 10 year old son. And because of them, I also have a dog. The dog is almost 2 years old and is a miniature Australian shepherd. Never again (referencing both the kids and dog).
4. I at first resisted going to a stamping workshop, figuring why buy stamps that I will only use once. Then a friend talked me into going to one and I was hooked. She, on the other hand, doesn't stamp anymore. Me, I signed up to get the discount and have not had any trouble making my minimum (and usually more) all by myself. Of course, actually paying for it is a different matter. As for the using the stamps only once, as most of us that have this addiction, I have stamps that have never seen ink --- some I have are not even mounted yet. One day........
5. By day, I am a mild mannered (most of the time) draftsman in the mechanical engineering department of a local business that designs and manufactures specialty machines. I have also become the somewhat social director of our department, planning the birthday lunches, holiday gatherings and what not. I also do whatever everyone does not want to do --- can you say "bottom of the totem pole"? But, I do like my job, even if I do complain about it.
6. I love action movies!!! The Transformers, Indiana Jones, National Treasure to name a few. I like chick flicks, too, but get out voted if I want to watch one.
7. I have dabbled in all sorts of crafts over the years. I have taken classes for sewing and painting. My mother owned a ceramic shop at one time, so I was into that for a while. The twist is that I am not all that good at any of it, but I guess you can call me persistent. But there is no natural ablility that has shown up at any time, so far. Thank goodness for blogs that can inspire us..........
Speaking of, I am now suppose to list the blogs that inspire me (not counting Debbie, who gave this award to me, and Cindy, who was also on Debbie's list, but if I could name them they would be on the top of my list). Just so you know, this is just a very small part of the blogs I try to follow.
1. Beverly Cole - http://beestamper.blogspot.com/
2. Jill Hilliard - http://jill031070.blogspot.com/
3. Julie Buhler - http://www.paperpleasing.typepad.com/
4. Nancy Dawson - http://creativewishes.blogspot.com/
5. Mary Fish - http://www.stampinpretty.com/
6. Diana Gibbs - http://dianagibbs.typepad.com/stampin_with_di/
7. Janine Tinklenberg - http://stampspaperscissors.typepad.com/
8. Corinne-Roxy Somerville - http://stampingwithroxy.typepad.com/my_weblog/
Check them all out. Thanks again to Debbie for this honor. And thank you for stopping by........