Saturday, July 23, 2011

SHOEBOX SWAP FUN...........

Today was my Little Debbies summer shoebox swap meeting. I always love these get-togethers and today was no different. I am part of such a talented group of ladies, hard to believe they are all so nice, too. I got to see some ladies that I had not seen for a while and met some new ones. We stamped, we ate (don't even get me started on the food) and we talked and laughed. Fun, fun fun. Six hours passed in no time at all.


This was the card I did for the swap. I used the Grunge Rock stamp set. I just purchased this set when it was on sale in May (I think). I cannot believe it took me so long to get it. I love how this turned out --- and I even received an "It's okay" from my soon to be teenaged daughter. I started out with a Cherry Cobbler base and added a Basic Black panel layered on top of it. The stamped panel is Whisper White and has some of the Baker's Twine wrapped around it.  The guitars are cut out and raised on dimensionals. The "real" circle was stamped twice, then the center was punched out with the 1" circle punch from the Cherry Cobbler and the ring of words was Basic Black with the 1-3/8" circle punch. This all was raised on dimensionals, too. If you noticed, the background was color spritzed with Cherry Cobbler and Black. I added a little sparkle with the rhinestones on each guitar, for the rocker girl. If they were left off, I think this would work for a rocker boy.

I will post a picture of what I made for the gift exchange tomorrow. Thanks for stopping by!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment