Tuesday, August 2, 2011

JULY CHALLENGE.......

It's that time again --- the Simply Paper Design challenge for July. You can find Cindy's card here and the original challenge post here. Being for July, of course the colors were red (Real Red), white (Whisper White) and blue (Pacific Point). And, being July, it's all about the fireworks. Even at my age, I am still in awe of fireworks. The stamp set I used is the retired July Fourth. I love all of the stars. The card is pretty simple. The base is Real Red, layered with Pacific Point and then a Whisper White panel covered in RR and PP "firework" bursts. It is wrapped with RR ribbon with a strip of PP layered on top of it (both retired). The center is a bunch of punched circles mounted on dimensionals. The stars were stamped, punched, and bradded (is that a word? can it be?), then also mounted with dimensionals. How easy can you get?

I really don't have much of a call for a 4th of July card, but I do have a friend with a 4th of July birthday (and yes, she is quite the firecracker). So, I changed up the sentiment with one from the Oval All set and --- presto, chango --- birthday card!!!


Happy Birthday to Delores!!! and Happy Birthday to the USA!!!

Ya'll come back now, ya hear???

No comments:

Post a Comment