Tuesday, August 30, 2011

SUMMER, WE'RE GONNA MISS YA.......


Where in the world did August go???? Where in the world did summer go???? My August turned out to be super busy. This post is so that I can prove, in pictures, that I have not been goofing off (most of the time, anyway). The picture above is from our beach trip. It was a bit warm, but we loved our week there.

Then, as soon as we returned, soccer practices started. This pic is of my daughter (in blue) at a practice tournament with her travel team. This is our first time doing travel, so it is a real eye-opener for us. My son is playing on a rec team, but they will not start games until September.


Then, along comes the first day of school. The kids were actually excited to be going back. Here they are getting ready to catch the bus.

This last picture is of my son at his SOL Awards program. He received medals for getting perfect scores on 2 of the 3 SOL tests they took last year. They were for math and Virginia studies (history). He was the only one in his grade at his school that had a perfect score on the history test. We are so proud of him. (In case you are wondering, he takes after his mother.)

And to top all of that off, I am taking my girl to get braces today. Wow, she is growing up so fast --- both of them are. I feel so old now. I'm going to take a nap.............

Check back tomorrow to see my card for the August Simply Paper Design Challenge.........

Have a great day!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment