Sunday, June 3, 2012

SWIRLS & FLOWERS.....

This is another birthday card that should have been posted months ago. It is the card I made for my friend and fellow Simply Paper Design team member, Cindy. The stamp set is Button Buddies. It is a really cool (and still current) set that you can replace certain spots with buttons. Of course, the images are great without embellishing them, too. On this card, I glue-dotted flower buttons where the stamped flowers were and popped up the cut out vase. The bottom layer was all glued together and then ran through the Big Shot to get the swirlys on it. The "Happy" circle is from the retired set It's All Good and I added a little loop of ribbon out to the side. The bottom corners were rounded off with my corner punch. I really loved this color combo, which I copied from the Ice Cream Parlor DSP -- Pink Pirouette, Bashful Blue, Melon Mambo, Old Olive and Concord Crush.


The inside:

Luckily, even though I am slow as a snail on posting this, the card arrived on time for Cindy's birthday in November. Actually, she and my daughter share a birthday --- so I had better not forget sending her card, huh?

Have a great weekend!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment