Tuesday, June 5, 2012

THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES - PART ONE......

Tomorrow my son will graduate from 5th grade. This means that --- other than the fact that he is growing up way too fast and I am rapidly getting older --- I will no longer have any kids in elementary school. I will only have middle schoolers. What the heck happened???? Where did all of that time go????

So, in order not to beat my head against a wall over how fast everything is moving, I occupied myself with making gifts for his teachers. The first things I thought to make is an altered picture frame turned message center. This one is for Ms. Witt, his homeroom teacher:


A couple of closer views:



I used the now retired Cheerful Treats DSP. For the "notes" label, I used the Sweet Shoppe Alphabet Lower and added the vine at the bottom from the Borderlines stamp set (both retired). The verse is from Pursuit of Happiness and is cut out using the Labels Framelits. I added corkboard to the center with a few push pins all in a row and tied a dry erase marker to the side using a length of baker's twine.

This one is for Ms. Beyrau, who is the other 5th grade teacher:


The close ups:



This one uses the new Floral District DSP. The "Details" is from Notes & Details (retired). This one uses the Apothecary Accents Framelits to cut out the sentiment. The Rich Razzleberry border is made of two of the labels cut and attached a little off up and down. Ditto from the first message center on the other details.

These are only half of what I made for the teachers, but since this post is getting a bit long, I will save the other part for another day. So until then............

Have a great day!!!!!





1 comment:

  1. Michelle - this is BRILLIANT!!!! What a great present. You rock Girl!

    ReplyDelete