Sunday, March 21, 2010

Happy First Day of Spring!!!!!!

Finally!!! I am so glad this winter is over. The first snow was pretty, but it all got pretty tiresome after awhile. And we didn't get it near as bad as our friends in Northern Virginia (Hey, Cindy B. & Debbie W.). But this weekend has restored my spirit and warmed my soul.

And Happy Birthday to Linda!!!! Today is my sister-in-law's birthday ---- but I will not tell you which one. I thought I would use one of the challenges that my Stampin' Up group (the Little Debbies) has started doing. Of course, this is not the current one, because I am always a step or two behind. But better late than never, I always say (of course I do, since I am always late). This was a sketch challenge posted last week & I just fell in love with it. Check out the link here. Here is my take on it:



I used the Sweet Pea DSP and the Sweet Pea Stitched Felt Pieces out of the Occasions Mini Catalog. The stamp set I used was Of the Earth, which is a Level 1 hostess set in the current "Big Book". The sentiment is from the Well Scripted set, also in the mini catalog (but I am really, really hoping it will make it into the next "Big Book").  It is all on a base of Pretty in Pink. Quite springy, don't cha think???

Thanks for looking & I hope everyone is having a great First Day of Spring!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Michelle! This card and your take of the sketch is perfect! I usually don't like those little felt flowers, but you've certainly made them work for me! And I truly love the colors - great, great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michelle! I love your card!!! Great choice of colors! Very Spring! I love how you used the stamp from the Of the Earth set! Gorgeous! Love the flower too! Great card all around!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love this card Michelle!!!

    ReplyDelete