Sunday, March 28, 2010

THE NEW & IMPROVED ZOEY......

As a mom, I have gotten used to saying "This is for your own good". Well, somewhat used to it. But what did I go & do? I agreed to get a puppy. Now I have another "kid" that I have to do what is best for them. So on Friday morning, Jimmy & I took Zoey to the vet to have her spayed. I know this is the right thing to do. I know millions have done it before & millions more will do it in the future. But still, it was our baby this time. Memories of dropping Lindsey & Logan at preschool came flooding back. The only difference was I knew I would pick them up at the end of the day, where Zoey would be staying overnight. Plus, they were not going to be cut on.

We dropped her at 8AM. As soon as we got out of the car, she started shaking --- kids never forget the doctor's office, do they? We go in, fill out the papers, give them her crate and give her a hug. There she is, looking up at us with those big puppy dog eyes (literally!) and shaking like a leaf. My heart just broke. The surgery would be between 12 and 3 and we could call to check on her after 3. Of course, it took forever for 3 to come. But, when I called, they said Zoey came through the surgery okay & was resting and we could pick her up in the morning. One hurdle down....

Then, we had to come home to an empty house. No Zoey to take out, no Zoey to wait for a treat, no Zoey to play ball with. Funny how quickly you become attached. The next morning, I cleaned up before going to pick her up (she hates the vacuum and it takes her all day to calm down). Jimmy had to haul cows to the stock market, so the kids went with me to get her. She was soooo happy to see us. We were soooo happy to have her home. We are taking it easy for a few days, but she is doing very well. She is sitting next to me in the recliner as I type this, just snoozing away. In a week, it will all be back to normal. And, it was for her own good.

The kids with Zoey.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Awww - I'm so sorry you all had to go through that, but it's done and you can all enjoy each other now. Good job for doing it! She's soooo cute!!!!!! Keep sharing pictures of her - I love seeing her as she grows - too cute!

    ReplyDelete