Friday, April 2, 2010

FOX & FRIENDS FOR A FRIEND

A friend in my Stampin' Up group (Hey, Kacey!!!) sent us an e-mail about a local 4 year old girl who just underwent a very major surgery, which is one of several she has endured. She was asking our group if any of us could send her some cards to cheer her up. No need to ask me twice. I love to make cards and, when it is used for good, I love to show my superpowers. Okay, maybe super is a bit strong, but............. So, this is what I came up.

All products by Stampin' Up

I used the Fox & Friends stamp set from the Occasions Mini Catalog. The sentiment is from Fundamental Phrases out of the Idea Book & Catalog. The colors were from a colour Q challenge that our SU! group does each week. This one was cQc#20. Check it out here. The sketch was from a sample of a Mojo Monday sketch here done by Mary Fish here. I just love this sketch and I love Mary's take on it --- she has such a great style. I wanted the colors to be bright, since it was for a child and this combo really fit the bill. The dsp is the Sending Love paper out of the mini. It has a little sparkle to it that I don't think you can see in this picture. I crimped the Brilliant Blue layer to add some texture.

I hope this will brighten her day just a little. I think I will go hug my kids now.
Thanks for stopping by & have a great weekend!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I love it Michelle! You do such a great job with those Bold Brights!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle: Love your blog. I didn't realize you had one! Love this card, the colors are great. TFS

    ReplyDelete