Sunday, April 25, 2010

JUST IN 'CASE'......

As a demonstrator for Stampin' Up, I receive a magazine (Stampin' Success) every month that has articles and samples galore. There are some awesomely talented folks out there, let me tell ya. The big news this month is that Stampin' Up is having a HUGH color renovation for their cardstock and accessories and I am thrilled. There are a few colors I hate to see go, but the new ones will more than make up for their loss.

I fell in love with more than a few of the projects in this month's Stampin' Success. Last weekend, I needed a couple of birthday cards for a couple of friends that are a couple (got that???). Her birthday was the 19th and his was the 20th --- and she is quick to let you know that she is 364 days younger than him. So, I decided to "CASE" a couple of them for my cards. "CASE" means Copy And Share Everything (I think that's right, anyway). I do this alot, especially when I am in a hurry to get something done --- or when I just fall in love with the card. Of course, you need to give credit where credit is due.


This card was done using the a la card template they have in the back. They give these to help come up with simple, yet striking, cards for workshops & classes. Stampin' Up is a great company if you ever decided to start a business --- they never stop helping you with tips to help build your business. I used the Sweet Pea DSP and felt flowers for this one. I really like that paper, don't you? If you remember, I also used it on my sister-in-law's card here.


This card was a CASE of one done by Shelley Bohan from Canada. I always seem to have problems coming up with cards for the fellas, so when I saw this one I knew it would be perfect for the gents in your life --- not too frilly, but still festive. No ribbons or bows to be seen. All products used on both cards are Stampin' Up, except I used another brand of embossing folder for the Tangerine Tango one. I also used several of the "retired" In-Colors that SU! will be bringing back as part of the new color renovation I spoke of. The base is Tangerine Tango and the blue is the Pacific Point.

Thanks for stopping by and have a Great Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment